2 tablespoons peanut oil
2 spring onions, white and green parts sliced and separated
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons red curry paste
2½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
1½ cups low fat coconut milk
1 teaspoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons fish sauce
10 button mushrooms, wiped clean and quartered
2 chicken breasts
100 g dried Laksa noodles
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons coriander leaves
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Add the white part of the spring onions and saute for 1 minute. Add garlic, turmeric,
curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
3. Add stock, coconut milk, sugar, salt and fish sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, add chicken and simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered.
4. While the soup is simmering, soak the noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms to the soup, return to boil and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the lemon juice.
7. Drain the noodles under cold water, place in the bottom of the soup bowls, sprinkle with
green spring onions and fresh coriander leaves and ladle the laksa soup on top.